How Many Of These 90s Sweets Do You Remember?
Posted on: August 18 2016
Remember the days of Melody Pops, Cherry Drops and Sherbet Straws? Wish you could still enjoy the excitement of the old sweet shop on the corner? Here at Keep It Sweet we have a huge selection of all the best 90s Sweets to take you on a trip down memory lane and to re-ignite your taste buds with all your old favourites! Here are our top 10 sweets from the 90s…
1. Some of the most iconic 90s sweets are also some of the most tongue-tingling! The 90s saw a huge take off of sour sweets and there was a huge demand for different types of eye-watering delights. One of the most popular was Toxic Waste. These individually wrapped boiled sweets are dangerously sour and will have your cheeks burning even at the sight of them. Think you’re tough? Just wait until you try one of these!
2. Next on the list of fantastic sweets from the 90s are Sherbet Straws. A step down from the sourness of Toxic Waste, these brightly coloured fruity treats are a classic party bag filler and are sure to make an appearance at every school disco! Re-live your childhood memories and bring a sense of nostalgia to you and your friends with these tangy treats.
3. Lollies were also big in the 90s. Drumstick Lollies are a true retro classic and are still just as chewy and wonderful as you remember. Did you know that these iconic milk and raspberry flavoured sweets were actually created by accident? We personally think this is one of the best accidents to every happen in the world and are still as massive fans of these 90s sweets as we were back in the day.
4. Next on our list of the best sweets from the 90s are Apple Cubes. These zangy cubes are a true blast from the past and were a popular addition back when penny sweets were a thing. This is a treat to impress even the fussiest of sugar fans and is the perfect bite-sized fix to a sweet tooth. We also stock Cola Cubes and Pineapple Cubes if you fancy mixing it up a bit!
5. Melody Pops are another childhood classic and a must-have for our best 90s sweets list! These fantastically delicious strawberry flavoured Lollies not only taste delicious, but also allow you to show off your musical talents! Get some friends or family together and have a great time with these super fun and affordable favourites that are great for both kids and adults.
6. As well as producing some fantastic new and exciting sweets and unleashing a whole new range of flavours, 90s sweets also included some traditional favourites that will simply never grow old. Retro Chews are amongst the most popular and well-known retro sweets of all time and are always ranked in the nation’s top 10 favourite sweets of all time. Tuck into tropical Fruit Salads, tangy sherbet-filled Refresher Chews and Black Jacks in our fantastic Retro Chew Mix for the perfect sweet treat this summer.
7. Another favourite from our selection of sweets from the 90s are Rainbow Drops. These fun multi-coloured delights are truly scrumptious and are the perfect melt on your tongue treat. Perfect for sharing amongst friends, tucking into in front of a film or dealing out at a sleepover, there is no reason not to like them! We have to warn you though, it’s impossible not to munch your way through a whole bag in one go!
8. If you’re a fan of tongue-tingling treats then the 90s is definitely the sweet decade for you! Fizz Wiz Popping Candy, also known as Space Dust promises loads of explosive fun and is available in 3 different flavours for ultimate enjoyment. Gobble the whole lot up for yourself or share amongst friends and family for the perfect fun and sweet addition to your summer. Top Tip - We’ve also discovered that Popping Candy is great in cookies and cupcakes - how come nobody thought of this sooner!?
9. Jelly Tots are next on our list of 90s Sweets and are an absolute classic. These amazing chewy sweets are covered in delicious sugar and are a sure crowd pleaser at a party or event too. Along with the theme of Jelly Sweets, the 90s provided some excellent choice for fans of jelly or gummy sweets, including Jelly Rings, Jelly Frogs and Jelly Snails that not only taste delicious but are available in a huge range of weird and wonderful shapes and forms that are sure to put a smile on anyone’s face.
10. Last on our list of our favourite sweets from the 90s are Giant Cola Bottles. In the past, these classic sweet treats were voted Britain’s favourite sweet and they are just as popular now as they ever have been. Giant Cola Bottles are one step up from the traditional smaller versions and are bursting with flavour, making them perfect for a summer BBQ or sneaky treat at work. Or why not take a look at our Giant Fizzy Cola Bottles for all the fun of a classic cola bottle but with an extra special tangy touch!
- Traditional Sweets
- Retro Sweets, Personalised Sweets
- Relive Your Childhood With Retro Sweets
- Buy Retro Sweets Online to Save Time and Money
- How Many of These Jelly Sweets Can You Remember?
- Online Sweet Shops: Buying Sweets Couldn’t Be Easier
- Rediscover Classic Retro Sweets with Keep It Sweet
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014